girl in black and gray camouflage shirt lying on black leather couch

A smaller age gap allows children to grow closer while they are young and often leads to the closest relationship when siblings are adults. The closer children are in age, the more likely they are to bond when they are young. Although there is a chance of rivalry between siblings, they are still more likely to become closer than siblings further apart and remain close in adulthood. My brother and I are 18 months apart, and I agree that being closer in age makes siblings closer as they grow older. He is someone that I can confide in, and I think we wouldn’t be able to talk to each other about things like that if we were further apart in age. That, along with research linked below, shows that siblings do have a closer bond based on how far apart they are in age.

Sources

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/how-raise-happy-cooperative-child/202104/age-gap-when-have-second-child/

Caroline
September 29, 2021 8:46 pm

Penelope, I found this post to be interesting and fun to read about because I myself do have two younger sisters that I do things with them to get closer to them. the quote that i liked was “Although there is a chance of rivalry between siblings, they are still more likely to become closer than siblings further apart and remain close in adulthood.” I have watched about siblings that talks about how they will not let any man come between each other and how they will do anything for each other. here is the link to the moive: https://soap2day.to/MczozMToiMjE3fHwyMDUuMTI0LjIzMy4xOHx8MTYzMjk0ODExNyI7.html

I have read an article about siblings and it talks about how the sibling relationships can inflence your childhood here is the link to the article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3956653/

September 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Dear Penelope, 
  I am fascinated by your post “Do Siblings Have A Closer Bond on How Apart in Age They Are,” because it does explain the reasons on why siblings closer in age would have a tight bond. It helps us as readers understand the concept behind why some siblings might be closer than others. 
One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is the part where you say, “My brother and I are 18 months apart, and I agree that being closer in age makes siblings closer as they grow older. He is someone that I can confide in, and I think we wouldn’t be able to talk to each other about things like that if we were further apart in age.” I think that your use of personal involvement really gives the reader insight to further understand the topic being discussed. Especially for someone who is an only child, they are still able to comprehend the topic you are trying to explain. 

Thanks for writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you use personal experiences in your writing which really capture the reader’s attention. You also keep your posts simple which allows us as the reader to follow along and not get lost in the different things being discussed. 

-Natalie 

Madison
September 17, 2021 7:45 pm

As someone who has a large age gap between me and my siblings, I’ve never really thought about how we close we could be. Had my father met my mom sooner, I could have gotten closer to them, but because they were basically already out of the house, we didn’t get the chance to bond with one another. I think starting with a question might also help pull people in more, but I like how it is as of right now.

3
0
()