Scientists have recently found a new species of prehistoric flowers. These flowers were preserved in amber, the same thing that was used in the movie Jurassic Park. With these flowers scientists have been able to see how plants have evolved over time. It is really hard to find these plants because most of them don’t last long or they are fossilized. These two different types of flowers that were found are called Eophylica Priscatellata and Phylica piloburmensis.

I find it amazing how there are flowers that can last really long by just being in a thing called amber. Scientists are able to study these flowers to see how not only they have evolved but to help find out how we have evolved as well. These flowers do look very common to some of the ones we have today. 

February 10, 2022 8:41 pm

Dear Adrian

I am impressed by your post, “Discovery of Prehistory Flowers” because it is amazing that amber can preserve something for so long. Amber is a unique material and is able to encase nearly anything in it.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is “These flowers were preserved in amber, the same thing that was used in the movie Jurassic Park.” I think it is cool that you compared it to Jurassic Park.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because learning about animals and plants is always interesting. Especially if it is from the prehistoric age.

1
0
()