In the article, “Is the World Ready for Virtual Fashion” (Upfront) I learned that some companies have introduced outfits made out of pixels instead of fabric. The clothes are purchased and created through a screen. When a person buys the desired article they receive a professionally edited picture of themselves with the chosen clothing. Some argue that this is a waste of money and it would never replace buying “real” clothing. A pro about virtual fashion is that it doesn’t need to be produced in real life or shipped, so it “arrives” fast and they have a “smaller carbon footprint”.
I think that it’s fascinating how the world has evolved. I really think that virtual fashion is going to be the new way of shopping. Considering the amount of time we spend on technology and how much we depend on it, I wouldn’t be surprised if clothing wasn’t the only thing that suddenly becomes virtual. This shows us how much technology is influencing our lives

Would you ever consider giving virtual fashion a try?

0
()