Youth Voices
Youth Voices
Desdemona to Her Father
/

I chose Othello. I did a part from Act 1 Scene 3 lines 208-218.

I played the character of Desdemona in which she is talking/addressing her father.

I learned that the impact of tone, inflection, volume and pacing is really important. If you are reading in a monotone voice, everything sounds the same and there is no emotion. But you also have to know how to fluctuate and use your tone and volume to bring out a certain emotion.

While performing this, I got the understanding that Desdemona is calm and knows how to act in front of anyone. Even as her father is trying to get her to stay, she remains calm and answers back with calmness and like a sense of understanding. She not only wants her understanding and knowledge known, but that she too knows and understands what is and has been given to her.

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices
0
()