My name is Derek. It’s important to know that my name is Derek. And that I was born on August 4, 2004. I have 8 siblings. I have lived in Dallas, Texas, Nashville, Tennessee, Florida, the Bronx, and Manhattan. My mom likes to move, live in different places, get different perspectives. A turning point in my life was 4th grade, I was in a bad school in 3rd grade so i had to switch schools. In the beginning of 4th grade I went to a charter school but then i moved to Manhattan and transferred to school right next to my house. it was a big change for someone so little. I then went to that school until the 8th grade and now I’m in high school.

There’s nothing in school in general that I really like. Mainly for the fact that it doesn’t really set us up for the real world. We just get taught things that have very little chance of helping us in the future. After school, I like to be outside my building in the LES – the Lower East Side – with friends. We’re next to the Seaport, right near the Brooklyn Bridge. The more nature around me the happier I can be.  

I feel school is important for us up to a certain point. Yes we need to finish school to move on with in life. But do we really need to learn everything we learn?

Anthony Hampton
Anthony Hampton
May 9, 2019 5:25 pm

i totally agree with the last statement becuase I feel school is important for us up to a certain point. Yes we need to finish school to move on with in life. But do we really need to learn everything we learn?
i wake up and think like this every time i come to school.

1
0
()