In the article “Defying the Odds in Afghanistan” I learned that people of Afghanistan live in a critical situation due to the war they are experiencing, since education for young people is precarious, and almost all of them do not receive an education. For their development, girls in Afghanistan can only study until the age of eight, and the few schools in that country do not have the necessary resources so that children can learn, the students’ wishes for a laptop, dreams of becoming a doctor.

I think what is happening in Afghanistan is a very horrible crisis because if in the country I live I did not have the opportunity to develop as a person of profit for my future, it would be catastrophic because my dreams would be cut short, and my life would be more difficult, both for me and my family because the job opportunity would be limited.

What would be your point of view if you live in a similar situation?

Photo by ArmyAmber (Pixabay)

1. Juan 6 months ago

Dear Maria,

I am shocked by your post, “Defying the Odds in Afghanistan,” because it is evident to believe now that kids in Afghanistan don’t get the same privilege as others. I believe this because some Afghanistan kids are only able to go to school until they are 8 years old. They also do not have the technology and materials to expand their resources.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is, ” my life would be more difficult, both for me and my family because the job opportunity would be limited.”. You tried to put yourself in their situation and tried to be understanding of it. I liked how you put yourself and their shoes and was in their point of view. Overall, I also liked how you were completely honest and said that would you be struggling yourself in life in that situation.

Thanks for your writing. I am looking forward to seeing more and how you try to understand their point of view. I would like for you to make more posts about you trying to comprehend and be understanding about other’s difficult situation.

Juan