football game photo during daytime

In the article, “Should College Athletes Be Paid.” by Bob Williams I learned that these colleges make a lot of money for their sports especially for football and basketball. These athletes tend to get less education because of the amount of practice they get. This makes them have to change their classes or choose classes that are not at the same time as their practice. Paying athletes will make them start focusing more on the sport and less on the education. Because very little of these athletes go to professional sports they will more likely be behind. The colleges also offer scholarships already.

I think that college athletes should not be paid for the sport that they are in. The reason for this is because the sport is only for college and not a professional one. They also already receive a good amount of money in order for them to pay for their tuition or other things. These athletes would be getting paid just to not make it into the professional sport. 

What is your opinion about athletes getting paid or not?

0
()