In the text “Is the Death Penalty on the Way Out?” by “Patricia” posted November 21, I learned that the death penalty is abolished in 23 states. I also learned that the death penalty is often used when someone is tortured or murdered. 54 percent of Americans support the death penalty and think it’s still a good punishment. Some people are on death row for decades and are not punished right away.

My reaction to this is neutral because there are some people who deserve the death penalty for committing bad crimes. In my opinion I think that the death penalty should still exist so it could punish the people who committed horrible crimes. My thoughts on this are positive because some people deserve this kind of punishment.

Would you want the death penalty to be abolished?

Viridiana
December 10, 2022 8:01 pm

Dear Jonathan,

I would agree with your opinion given in this post because it is true some crimes have been done by people and they aren’t given the right punishment for their actions. One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was when you mentioned is 54 percent of Americans support the death penalty and that the death penalty is abolished in 23 states. I also noted that many years need to pass for someone to get the death penalty. With your post I was able to get more knowledge about the death penalty. Thank you for you’re writing.

Yaritzi
December 1, 2022 8:04 pm

Dear Jonathan,

I am impressed with your post, “Death Penalty,” because you express your own opinion and you were able to expand my knowledge about this topic. I was also impressed about the fact that some wait years to get the death penalty. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ I also learned that the death penalty is often used when someone is tortured or murdered” I think this is informative because it explains the type of reasons why someone would get the death penalty. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because like I said, you expanded my knowledge on this topic and I wonder what else you will write about that will impress me like this one.

Yaritzi Torres

2
0
()