Dear Mr. President,

I wonder what will have happened to the world by the time of your presidency. I, among many others, are desperately hoping that the next person in charge can save us from the downward spiral our nation has been stuck on. I wonder what you views on LGBTQ rights will be? 

I hope that you believe everyone should get the same opportunities regardless of sexual identity. If you might be wondering how you might create complete equality for LGBT people, I have some ideas. 

For starters, you should make it so trans people can use the bathroom of their gender identity. It’s a quick solution for what should be a rather small problem. There are so many people making a fuss about who goes into what bathroom and not only is it completely unnecessary, but very rude as well. There are fully transitioned people out there who’s birth certificates may say one gender while that person is now the opposite. You wouldn’t want a man in the women’s restroom, so why are people forcing men to go there? I hope you can see my point. 

Another idea I have is putting laws in place to create job equality for all people. There are some laws already in place but we need more regulation. Businesses should not be able to turn down a fully certified person a job simply because that person just happens to be gay. It is unfair and disgusting to be so unjust to someone. 

Those are just two examples I have. You can find more information in writing such as LGBT and the universal enjoyment of human rights by Rebecca Karlsson or After Marriage Equality: The Future of LGBT Rights by Carlos A. Ball. I hope, for both you people’s sake and yours that you can do something to help create true equality for all of your great nation.

Featured Image:

Norton, By Rictor. “ALGBTICAL.” ALGBTICAL. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Sept. 2016.

Samantha
October 4, 2016 4:07 am

I definitely believe that this problem of discrimination of the LGBT community needs to be fixed. I think all people are equal and I hope that is the mindset that the future president takes into office and fixes this problem once and for all.

Mayree

I think the acceptance of the LGBT community is a serious problem in world today, especially America. I like who addressed this post calling out the president. Are your referring to this upcoming election? Is there someone particular you had in mind? I do believe that it is time for acceptance for those different than us. It’s time for change.

Louis

Ayla, I really appreciate what you have to say about LGBT issues. I think that law regulation in the workplace is hugely needed. I think that wage discrepancies among people in the community (in addition to the gap between men and women) is something that ought to be fixed, sooner rather than later. I really hope our nation grows in the next few years to get with the times, and realize that ignorance is not bliss, and these problems need to be dealt with to really make the US the “land of the free and the home of the brave”.

3
0
()