Dear​ ​Leaders​ ​of​ ​America,

My​ ​name​ ​is​ ​Eduardo​ ​villanueva​ ​from​ ​Oakland,​ ​California.​ ​I​ ​go​ ​to​ ​Fremont​ ​High​ ​School.​ ​I
researched​ ​the​ ​events​ ​that​ ​happened​ ​in​ ​Charlottesville,​ ​Virginia​ ​and​ ​what​ ​I​ ​learned​ ​from​ ​that
was​ ​that​ ​propels​ ​of​ ​racism​ ​are​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​come​ ​back​ ​up​ ​and​ ​they​ ​are​ ​affecting​ ​people​ ​that​ ​aren’t
trying​ ​to​ ​be​ ​part​ ​of​ ​it.​ ​My​ ​experience​ ​of​ ​growing​ ​up​ ​in​ ​the​ ​United​ ​States​ ​of​ ​America​ ​have​ ​been
very​ ​calm​ ​and​ ​they​ ​also​ ​have​ ​been​ ​very​ ​different​ ​from​ ​other​ ​people​ ​living​ ​in​ ​other​ ​states.​ ​The
issue​ ​i​ ​would​ ​tell​ ​any​ ​leader​ ​of​ ​america​ ​would​ ​be​ ​the​ ​equality,racism​ ​and​ ​sexisum​ ​are​ ​the
priority.​ ​if​ ​a​ ​leader​ ​asks​ ​me​ ​for​ ​help​ ​or​ ​advice​ ​i​ ​would​ ​say​ ​is​ ​to​ ​bring​ ​awareness​ ​because​ ​most
people​ ​act​ ​oblivious​ ​to​ ​the​ ​fact​ ​that​ ​things​ ​like​ ​that​ ​happen.The​ ​way​ ​i​ ​like​ ​the​ ​future​ ​of​ ​america​ ​to
be​ ​fair​ ​for​ ​everyone​ ​no​ ​matter​ ​color​ ​race​ ​or​ ​sex​ ​and​ ​make​ ​america​ ​be​ ​better​ ​than​ ​it​ ​ever
was.Thank​ ​you​ ​for​ ​taking​ ​time​ ​to​ ​read​ ​this​ ​and​ ​give​ ​my​ ​view​ ​a​ ​chance.

sincerely,​ ​Eduardo

Joana
September 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Dear Eduardo,

It’s good that you’re writing about this because it’s very important and interesting. You explain everything really well and I understand that you are aware of racism and you want to do something about it. I really like how you took your own time to research more information because it really helps to spread the word so that more people are aware of it.

Joana

Luz
Luz
August 30, 2017 4:30 am

Dear Eduardo Villanueva
I am amazed by your letter “Dear leaders of America” because you kept things very simple and clear. You went straight to the point which made it easier for the reader to understand what you’re expectations are from these leaders. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ​ “​I​ ​learned​ ​from​ ​that was​ ​that​ ​propels​ ​of​ ​racism​ ​are​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​come​ ​back​ ​up​ ​and​ ​they​ ​are​ ​affecting​ ​people​ ​that​ ​aren’t trying​ ​to​ ​be​ ​part​ ​of​ ​it.​” I think this is very eloquent because this is a way of representing  your community and letting these leaders  know what’s the problem and who’s being affected by it. Another sentence that I liked was “​if​ ​a​ ​leader​ ​asks​ ​me​ ​for​ ​help​ ​or​ ​advice​ ​I​ ​would​ ​say​ ​is​ ​to​ ​bring​ ​awareness​ ​because​ ​most people​ ​act​ ​oblivious​ ​to​ ​the​ ​fact​ ​that​ ​things​ ​like​ ​that​ ​happen.” This stood out to me because in order for these type of issues to stop people need to be aware and informed  of what’s causing the problem.  Your letter reminds me of something that happened to me. When I was in middle school we had a substitute in my English class for 2 days and some group of students decided to take things from my teacher’s desk. When she was back she was really mad and frustrated because she couldn’t find them. I didn’t know who did it but, other kids did. No one said nothing so the people who didn’t know and who didn’t take anything away from her desk were affected by this because my teacher lost trust in us and she made us all do this long essay assignment. This connects to what I read in your letter because sometimes other people do things that affects innocent people which is unfair to those who are just trying to follow directions and aren’t doing anything wrong. Thanks for Your writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next because I enjoy reading about different perspectives and your writing is really crisp which is what makes it interesting.

2
0
()