Kendall, the protagonist in Cryer’s Cross, has a few traits that influence her relationships with others.

One, she is determined. Two, she is humble.  Three, she is concerned.

These traits influence her relationships with others. “She’s exhausted, but her mind if revving up again, recalling everything that happened today. Blocking out the Julliard letter as best she can. But it doesn’t matter, because her brains keep bringing her back to earlier that day. All she can think about is one thing. Desks.”  Her concerns come into play here when she has something important to think about like her future but instead her mind keeps coming back to the desks and wanting to save her missing friends. She wants to help and her mind is fogged up with their safety.

Later, on page 190, Jacian and Nico interact with Kendall, basically Jacian showing hee friendship but she falls for him while dating Nico and she has to choose how to feel for both. “Kendall goes to sleep thinking about Jacian, but night her dreams are about Nico again, urgently trying to contact her through the desk. He pleads, cries out, begging her to find him, save him” Kendall’s response here deepens a reader’s sense of her determination to save her friends, and sparks a feeling of nervousness because she has to put everything about herself aside to figure out how to save her friends.

image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

Help on Youth Voices
0
()