woman sitting on black chair in front of glass-panel window with white curtains

The pandemic has brought several changes in our lives. A year has passed and the pandemic continues. In many schools, there were many changes in education. For reasons of Covid, they had to suspend schools and start our routines through computers. But currently, since it started on March 11, 2020, exact date, to date there have been many cases of Covid.

The person I spoke with about this pandemic problem was Jonathan from Minnesota. His age is 17 and he studies High School. I decided to interview Jonathan because I liked the way he expresses himself because he is a person who thinks the same as I do.”When I first heard about the COVID-19 virus. I was surprised because I thought this virus was going to be something simple like a flu or something like that.”

When I asked Johathan about life before the pandemic, he said, ¨I used to go out to the parks, attending school a normal routine has changed a lot. Since there are so many people in the parks.  That way  we must comply with the rules if we want to go out in a public place, otherwise we can have serious problems with the government or with the people. Things have changed over the months. “Before you received responses when you sheezet , and now you receive bad treatment from people for thinking that it  you can have virus¨ 

Now due to COVID, he stopped doing things that he used to do. He feels a little bad about that but at the same time, he begins to think about before and after, about things as they were. He realizes that he should have enjoyed the moments he spent with his family because he never thought this would happen. For Jonathan since the pandemic began, everything has been very different and sad because he cannot see his family, he cannot go out, he is simply alone with his dog at home and he does not like it since. When I asked Jonathan about his routine, he answered, “In part, the government says that for people it is already normal to have to do these things since it has become a daily routine.“ 

If we compare where he and I live. things are similar since here it is clearly necessary to have a mask, to be 6 feet away, but the best thing is that we will go back to school.

Another part of which he commented was that in his city where he lives they look at people in a bad situation on the street, But the government does nothing. Jonathan said  Right now it is an unpleasant temperature where I live and f cannot believe that the government does not do anything Nothing.”

After interviewing my friend.I learned that the pandemic can be difficult for other people. One thing that I really liked was that “I commented that despite everything the world is going through, it is still standing bad it is a bit discouraging to see how every day, every hour, people die, from adults to children. Just as we should not take the pandemic to play as some people do who think that this is only so that the government has us at home o that there is no overpopulation this is not so.  It is real, every day hundreds of people die because of this virus and people take it as if nothing. Despite what is happening people, do their meetings, go out, then others would like to be able to have your relatives again, to be able to go free without fear.  Let’s take a little conscience on this”

When I thought about my life as it was before a year ago, I never thought that a virus could have people in these situations. I never thought that life could change from one moment to another.  I was waiting for the news because I thought I was going to be in quarantine for few months. The government said it would end soon, but we have already been like this for a year, from knowing how to learn to value.“  

“My life afterward has been a bit hard, but not quite, since this pandemic left a lesson. and he thanks him that now he has been able to appreciate the smallest things, appreciate family and friends, But thanks to the doctors found a cure that can save hundreds of lives in the world making it clear that they are currently risking their lives for us, risking their families, we should be grateful for that, become aware of who is risking their lives so that we when we can help, doing what is required so it would finish faster.  Despite that, he does not lose hope that conditions will improve.“ 

1. Dawry 3 weeks ago

Dear Leslie:
    I am afraid because like you said this pandemic is not a joke in your post, “Crisis in Minnesota and California” because… even myself I lost a family member and even my friend has covid right now as I write this I hope he gets well soon.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ I was surprised because I thought this virus was going to be something simple like the flu or something like that.’ I think this is true because… at first I thought the same; I thought this virus was like the flu or a cold that people get and they get sick and they drink medicine and they get well but with this virus, it is different than that because this virus can kill people.
    In another sentence that I liked, you said: “I asked Johathan about life before the pandemic, he said, ‘I used to go out to the parks, attending school a normal routine has changed a lot.'” I feel the same as Jonathan because my life has changed too, for example, I used to go out with my friends and I used to go to school and now I can do that because of the pandemic. This stood out for me because it is important to learn about this virus because we don’t know if this virus is going to end at some point so we need to take care and be safe.
    Have you seen this article? https://www.ycteenmag.org/issues/WEB/From_the_Bronx_to_Brandeis.html?story_id=WEB-2020-03-23p I thought you might be interested in this because in this article she talks about how her life was good before the pandemic and when the pandemic came her life was not the same because her mom lost her job.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because… I really like articles like this because they bring joy to people’s faces.

2. Hugo 1 month ago

Hello camila, unfortunately, the situation we are going through right now is a bit difficult for some people as an example I really like to go out because of this that I almost do not go out to have fun with my friends

3. Camila 1 month ago

One thing that stood out to me was when you said ” I never thought that life could change from one moment to another.” I feel the same way too, because a year ago when everyone had to stay at home the only thing that I could think was ” for how long am I supposed to stay here,” the first weeks were really hard for me because I am that kind of person who hangs out a lot with my friends and family and I also love to do things outside and now I had to stay in my house for more than a week. I felt overwhelmed and stressed because my apartment is too small and I lived with 5 people. Another thing that I liked about your essay is when you said ” The government said it would end soon.” This sentence is fun for me because I clearly remember when the government said that it would be over every 2 weeks and we have been in the same situation for around a year.

Leslie 1 month ago

Hi Camila, I mainly thank you for taking my blog into account, Unfortunately, the situation we are going through right now is a bit difficult for some people, a clear example is you since you like to go out and have fun with your friends, family.
      It’s really kind of funny about that because if the government was commenting “This quarantine will last a maximum of 2 weeks” And look here for almost 1 year like that.
      But they are already taking action on it.