In the article, “COVID Vaccine Approved for Younger Children” I learned that Up until now, children under twelve have been too young to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. But all of that changed on October 26, 2021, when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended vaccine distribution for children from ages five to eleven. The vaccine is a lower-dose version of the same Pfizer vaccine that many adults received. (It’s about a third of the dose, but just like adults, kids will still receive two shots given three weeks apart.) Roughly 28 million children are now eligible to receive the vaccine, and the federal government has purchased enough to make free shots available to every child in the United States. Fifteen million doses were shipped out last week, with the child vaccination program in full effect starting on November 8, 2021.

I think this would be great news for some that are wanting to get fascinated or were waiting for this vaccine to come out so that they could be vaccinated with their children.

Eliana (@elianaochs)
November 21, 2021 8:46 am

Dear Maria :

I am intrigued by your post “COVID Vaccine for Younger Children,” because I think it’s important to talk about the covid vaccine for children, especially during these times. You provide information for those parents who are scared to give the vaccine to young children.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ The vaccine is a lower-dose version of the same Pfizer vaccine that many adults received” I think this is important because it gives readers reassurance of how strong the dose is that they are giving children. 

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the data you provided was very helpful. You make your point come across clear. 

Eliana 

1
0
()