green pink and purple plastic bottles

COVID-19 has been a problem around the world. Some schools are all online, some all in-person, while the remaining are doing a hybrid. The each have different precautions they are taking to prevent the spread of the corona virus.

At Somerset High School in San Antonio, Texas they decided to help stop the spread they would have all students be tested weekly. If someone tested positive, they would be sent home and would need to do quarantine. What they did was different because they were testing every student not just the ones with symptoms. They were creating “COVID Safety Zones.”

The Tobin Endowment, Kronkosky Charitable Foundation and 80/20 Foundation were brought together in hopes of also helping with the solution. They would bring in other people to help with finding the best way to test the kids to create the bubble. In the new lab they developed “a highly accurate, non-invasive test” for little cost. This made it easier to test all the students and staff at Somerset High School.

I think this is a good solution. Testing the students in the community would help prevent the “silent spreaders” from continuing to spread. It would make it so all schools could resume in person. Which in turn would take away some of the stress caused by the pandemic. Our school is stating to test students however it is bi-weekly and only the ones involved in an activity.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/254008?scroll_to=2309016