How do communities promote equality and support regarding Covid affecting us to this day?

Lower-income communities of a certain race/ethnicity are dealing with the pandemic much worse than others and might have not received the same level of support. I think that they don’t receive much help are at a higher risk of getting infected and are not cured as fast or efficiently.

What do you think?
1
Please leave a feedback on thisx

With this pandemic, it might be hard to spread awareness and the message of equality through communities because our focus is guided elsewhere. Different types of people might receive different types of support and aid depending on their race, color, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status.

There is an article that helps give much insight on this issue: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0020764021991896

What type of people doesn’t receive much aid?
How are the communities themselves dealing with this pandemic?
How many people catch the disease in those communities?
What is the government doing to help?

They say “Our findings underscore the importance of identifying the unique mental health impact of the COVID 19 pandemic on parents in high-risk communities. In high-risk communities, parental stress is a pressing problem that, if unaddressed, has the potential to result in even greater psychological distress and child maltreatment. Training community healthcare providers to assess and address parental stress can lead to increased community capacity and the development of a community-based network to serve as the first line of support for parents and their children.”

I invite you to read and comment on this article with me on NowComment:
Mental health impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on parents in high-risk, low income communities

September 6, 2021 5:48 am

Dear Oriandy, 

I am very intrigued by your post, “Covid and Low-Income Communities,” because it goes into detail on how communities have been tragically struck by this horrible pandemic. There are various groups of individuals being impacted each and every single day that goes by.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “With this pandemic, it might be hard to spread awareness and the message of equality through communities because our focus is guided elsewhere. Different types of people might receive different types of support and aid depending on their race, color, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status.” I think this is important because different groups of people have different ways of maintaining their financial stability but not even one may have the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this topic needs more attention brought to it. I especially loved how you took the time to mention people’s mental health and how this pandemic has impacted it.

Brenda Ornelas

August 26, 2021 7:18 pm

Dear Oriandy

I agree for what you were saying, but the reasoning needs to be made more clear. like what “paul” sed “Otherwise this might be mistaken as blaming the victim.

Paul
Admin
May 20, 2021 3:43 pm

This all seems true, but the reasons need to be made clear. Otherwise this might be mistaken as blaming the victim.

3
0
()