man in gray crew neck t-shirt sitting beside boy in red and white crew neck

COVID-19 has affected businesses all over the world. It is an issue being analyzed and researched to help decrease the cases in the pandemic. COVID-19 has been an impractical burden on the lives of many. It has forced thousands of businesses to shut down or has forced them to place many restrictions within the business.

Individuals have struggled through this pandemic which has led to issues within the family life. Many individuals have lost their jobs out of force and cannot provide for their families financially as they did before. Especially for families who own family businesses, COVID-19 has torn families apart not only financially, but within their own relationships. COVID-19 has placed an abrupt impact on families and has been very harmful to the economy.

The reason that it has been harmful is that families are losing their incomes that used to be reliable and consistent. This has been significantly hurtful to families who live their lives check to check (people who don’t have enough for their income to put into their savings). Without their jobs, they cannot even live check to check. COVID-19 has taken control of the lives of many beginning in March 2020. Over time, COVID-19 began at low cases, continued to increase in cases, and will hopefully decrease after more people become vaccinated. This issue has affected individuals all over the world, not just the United States. People of all ages have been affected by COVID-19 due to the shutdown of businesses.

Currently, nobody knows when the problem of COVID-19 is expected to come to an end. With the vaccine, it is slowly supposed to get better over time. If we do not do anything about this problem, people will become dependent on financial support, and families will continue to struggle with their lives. We should care about this problem because no individuals who are willing to work hard for their income should have to face the closure of business and miss out on a consistent income. 

August 25, 2021 5:39 am

Dear Claire:

I am impressed by your post, “The Impact of COVID-19 on Individuals, Families, and Businesses” because it demonstrated how much family-owned businesses suffered during the pandemic. I think it’s important to know this as the pandemic forced many businesses to either shut down completely or place restrictions.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Individuals have struggled through this pandemic which has led to issues within the family life. Many individuals have lost their jobs out of force and cannot provide for their families financially as they did before.” I think this is important because it demonstrates how family-owned businesses were the ones who struggled the most during the pandemic as they were not able to generate and receive a reliable source of income as they used to in the past. Along with this, it also explained how the pandemic not only affected the economy financially but also how it affected individuals of all age’s relationships.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you question whether something could be solved and how it could be solved if we all put our efforts into it. I would like you to continue motivating others to do what’s right for hard-working individuals.

Alexis

March 30, 2021 5:18 am

Claire,
I think your post was very interesting! The part when you said “ COVID-19 has taken control of the lives of many beginning in March 2020” really sticks out to me. All of our lives have been drastically changed in almost every aspect. Wearing masks is something that we have all adapted to, but there are some people who will struggle to financially recover from this event for many of the following years. I also think that mental health is something that we should keep in mind, as the pandemic may have lasting affects on the mental health of individuals.

March 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Claire,
This is a very interesting take on the pandemic. Obviously, there is a large focus on physical health and the economy within popular media, but there seems to be less focus on the relationship struggles that you are talking about here. I wonder how to combat this and help strengthen relationships between each other while still navigating the newly found covid struggles? Here is a resource I found on how to do that that I think can mostly be applied to more than just Covid. https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/coronavirus/nurturing-our-relationships-during-coronavirus-pandemic
I would love to see some more specific issues that families are dealing with. Thank You!

March 26, 2021 2:22 pm

Dear Claire,

I found this article you wrote about the impacts of COVID-19 fascinating. I think COVID-19 will most likely be one of the biggest economic shifts in modern history. I vaguely remember the 2008 financial collapse, and I can only now imagine how much more financial fallout will result from the disruption of everyday lives.

4
0
()