closed glass-panel window inside dark room

When Covid-19 began no one thought it would last this long. Or that is what I thought. I read this article, “I Felt Like I Was Suffocating” which gives an insight into many teens and their lives of remote learning, lock-downs, and the pandemic its self increasing anxiety and depression among teens. Before the pandemics, people’s lives were busy and able to socialize. Most days grew longer and lonely for many teens around the world. Many schools have been one of the main supports for the students as they attend school online. There are staff members that are available to email or set up a zoom meeting to have emotional support.

One teen said,”I felt like I was trapped my own house and everyone was far away.” Another said, “It’s sad and somewhat lonely.”

It is hitting us the hardest as we sit behind a computer all day. The social isolation of the pandemic has taken a metal toll on each and every American. Besides failing so many challenges there is always better days ahead.

0
()