in the article “It’s tempting to say gun violence is about mental illness. The truth is much more complex” there’s a beautiful job presenting the information we need to know without trying to convince us to follow their opinion. The article states when trying to find the answer the gun violence we know scientific evidence of any reason someone would commit such a crime. People who are ignorant of the facts tend to assume that the leading cause of gun violence is mental illness. The author states that only 4%  of people who committed a gun violence crime people had a mental illness. So where does this leave us on why people commit crimes? 

I believe these people are the blame because they are already lower position in society and it is easier to blame the mentally ill than to admit we as a society have a problem. I personally don’t believe there’s anything we can do that will stop gun violence, because any law that would protect the people or restrict people from getting guns are irrelevant considering most people who commit crime acquired the gun in the gun illegally.

0
()