woman in black mask and white tank top

Covid-19 hit the United States February of 2020, and just like our economy and President, the education system didn’t know how to handle this situation. How will our future generations be affected by Covid-19?

The first recession that many people remember is the one after 9/11. But not Gen Z, since they were so young many don’t remember how greatly they were affected by 9/11. Covid-19 is this generations first recession and we are greatly affected. Covid-19 has affected many areas such as employment, traveling, the economy, and education.

High school and college students are greatly affected. In order to limit the spread, many schools and colleges have chosen to go completely online. Freshman that are currently enrolled have opted out completely from the college experience. Either attending a state or community college instead of a private and expensive school or choosing to take a gap year.

1. Kaeli 6 months ago

I agree, Covid-19 will definitely be something that every generation, but especially Gen Z, will be heavily effected by. Gen Z are having and will continue to have to deal with the recession right as we are just getting our footing in the world as we become adults and focus on what we are going to do. This, as you said, will indeed greatly impact our whole generation.

2. Grace 6 months ago

Estrella, it is true that these are unprecedented times, and that even our authorities and leaders do not know how to respond because we have never seen anything like this. The large extent to which Covid-19 has changed everyones lives will have an affect on future generations and our history.