In the article, “Coral Reefs Show Damage From Climate Change” (McGraw Hill) I learned that Coral reefs protect coastlines from storms and erosion, provide jobs for local communities, and offer opportunities for recreation but a horrible situation has happened coral reefs are dying off at a fast speed. The world lost about 14 percent of its total amount of coral reefs. This is damage is the result of the ongoing and prolonged effects of warming ocean surface temperatures and population in the water.

How can we wake a change?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think what is happening in the oceans is huge crisis and there needs to be a change. Coral reef structure buffers shorelines against waves, storms, and floods, helping to prevent loss of life, property damage, and erosion. Coral reefs are important for many reasons. Most importantly, they provide protection and shelter for many different species of fish.”

Ava
December 6, 2021 9:15 pm

James, thank you for sharing a post on this detrimental issue. With the slow-going extinction of Coral reefs, this topic is often overlooked but is nonetheless one of the most prominent issues our climate faces today. In your article when you said that “The world lost about 14 percent of its total amount of coral reefs.” I had absolutely no idea about this and find this to be so sad. If you are interested in this topic I suggest you read this article by the Global Reef Project. ” http://globalreefproject.com/threats.php ” Thank you so much for your writing and bringing up this issue. I look forward to seeing what you write next.

November 9, 2021 9:33 pm

Dear James,

Coral reefs are very important to ocean life. This is because they support one-fourth of all fish species on Earth. They also have protection for coastlines during storms. However, Coral reefs have been dying off due to the ocean temperature, overfishing, increasing carbon dioxide levels in the water, new development along coasts, and declining water quality. The reefs have been dying at an alarming rate. According to the global coral reef monitoring network, 14 percent of the Earth has lost its coral reefs. As a result, scientists are studying ways to restore reefs by breeding coral that is more resistant to warmer temperatures.

In my opinion, I think that scientist should be giving their all to help protect our coral reefs. This is because they are essential to ocean life and because they can prevent damage to our coastlines. Coral reefs are where sea life can thrive. Coral reefs can also be protected if more individuals are aware of the situation.

2
0
()