In the article, “Coral Reefs Show Damage From Climate Change” I learned that Coral reefs are important for many reasons. They support about one-fourth of all fish species on Earth. They also help protect and work as a shield for coastlines from storms. Between 2008 and 2019, the world lost about 14 percent of its total amount of coral reefs. Them being damaged is the result of the ongoing and prolonged effects of warming ocean surface temperatures. Other elements that cause damage to coral reefs include overfishing, increasing carbon dioxide levels in the water, new development along coasts, and declining water quality.

How can you help save reefs?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I think we should put an end to this as soon as possible. We are destroying animals’ homes. This is definitely unfair. Even though Scientists are studying ways to restore reefs by “breeding” coral that is more resistant to warmer temperatures, we should play our part in trying to preserve these creatures’ homes. 

November 17, 2021 4:52 am

Hey Madai!
I enjoyed reading what you wrote about coral reefs. I actually decided to join an Oceanography class this year and I have learned so much about them. Before, I didn’t really know much about coral reefs. If I’m being honest, I didn’t even know they were dying. I agree with you when you said that we need to end this as soon as possible. Coral reefs play such an important part in our lives and we don’t even realize it.
Thanks for writing this. I enjoyed it and look forward to what your write next!

2
0
()