As we talked about in an earlier post, we stated that domestic violence was becoming a pandemic within a pandemic. Sadly abusive relationships got worse by not letting the victims leave their abusers because of Covid. Due to COVID, many plans or opportunities were put on hold. Victims lives are being treated horribly in their homes without seeing a way out. Hopefully the vaccine can be the light at the end of the tunnel and start making the world turn again and move forward. 

I hope the victims can see it as well. As well as for COVID to  pass quickly so the women, children, and men as well can move forward with their lives to stop the abusive cycle they live in. There started a rise in child abuse cases and they ended up related to Covid-19.  I think many of us would agree that movement restrictions are unwanted. Many domestic abuse victims em weren’t fully considered. Movement restrictions were implemented to stop the spread of coronavirus but it might of made violence in homes more frequent and more dangerous. Like I said before what we could be doing to help this is by wearing our masks, taking the vaccine, and taking nutrition fortifying everyone’s health. We can all work together to help others suffering, by doing what’s right and stopping the spread of the virus and reaching out to domestic abuse victims and letting them know they’re not alone.

Evans, M., Author AffiliationsFrom the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, F. P. Polack and Others, Consortium, W., & A. T. Widge and Others. (2020, December 10). A Pandemic within a Pandemic – Intimate Partner Violence during Covid-19: NEJM. Retrieved December 14, 2020, from https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2024046

Taub, A. (2020, April 06). A New Covid-19 Crisis: Domestic Abuse Rises Worldwide. Retrieved December 14, 2020, from https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/world/coronavirus-domestic-violence.html

Brendaly
January 27, 2021 1:49 am

Dear Lluvia

I am worried by your post “ Continued: Pandemic within a Pandemic” because I can only imagine the abuse these people have to endure during this time and it kinda feels like a lose lose situation because if we don’t have restrictions on movement the virus will get worse but if we do have restrictions on movement then domestic abuse cases get worse.And I feel like if people would have followed the regulations from the beginning then maybe we wouldn’t still have so many restrictions and we could better help people in these domestic abuse cases

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “for COVID to pass quickly so the women, children, and men as well can move forward with their lives to stop the abusive cycle they live in” I agree with this because as you said I’m hoping the vaccine will be the answer to stop the abuse but I believe that alone won’t end it , maybe funding more domestic abuse organizations or placing laws/acts to better protect domestic abuse victims , can help avoid these cases from happening or getting worse .

Another sentence that I agreed with was: “Like I said before what we could be doing to help this is by wearing our masks, taking the vaccine, and taking nutrition fortifying everyone’s health.” This can definitely help get past the virus quicker in order to better provide help for these cases

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like the fact that you brought up the effects the pandemic caused that wasn’t just virus related

1
0
()