Many people look at consent as a verbal yes or no but there are other responses you should look for when doing something when you want others’ consent. You always have to see if the person is comfortable with whatever you’re doing and not crossing the others and even your own boundaries. Making the decision to do something could be uncomfortable but in order to get an actual response look at the body language of the other person to see if they’re comfortable. If they seem closed off them that means no, even a hesitation in their voice or a long pause could be a signal that the other person is uncomfortable or doesn’t want to do what you just asked.

If you are forcing that person into doing what they don’t want to or trying to encourage them then that is considered abuse in most cases if the act is sexual then it is considered sexual assault. Nobody has a say in what others can do if they don’t want to.

Consent goes a long way, this is why it’s important to always check in with the person and see if it’s okay to continue to do something. Setting boundaries is important for both people.

what do you think about consent ?

0
()