cityscapes during nighttime

In the article, “Remembering 9/11, Twenty Years Later” (McGraw Hill) I learned more about 9/11, its memorials, as well as how people cope with the thousands of lives that were lost 20 years ago. On September 11, 2001, four airplanes had been hijacked by the terrorist group Al-Qaeda. Two of the planes had crashed into the twin towers, another hit an area of the Pentagon, while the last one had sadly crashed into a field outside of Pennsylvania. In order to pay respect and remember all of the lives lost on that tragic day, memorials, museums, and the city of New York embrace some of their yearly traditions. 

I think that the article helps emphasize the importance of remembering and paying respect to all of the lives that were lost 20 years ago today. Many of whom we flight passengers, World Trade Center workers, first responders, as well as innocent people. Not only did they leave behind their families but also the memories they shared with their loved ones. These attacks have forever changed the nation of the United States by enforcing the check-in process at all airports, anticipation of terrorist attacks, and the power to prevent another tragedy such as this one to never recur.

0
()