In the article, “Should We Stop Changing the Clocks?”, it talks about two perspectives about daylight saving time. Some people believe that we should stop changing the clocks. They are concerned about the negative effects that come from changing the clock. The clock is changed twice a year. On the other hand, there are other people who believe that we should not stop changing the clocks. They believe that there are many advantages to this. For example, making full use of daylight all year round.

I think that the clock shouldn’t be changed, like how it has always been. It would just throw some people off. Especially the seasons. We’re used to having shorter days throughout winter and longer days throughout the summer. It would take us time to get used to the clock not changing but I think it just makes sense to change it. 

Do you think we should stop changing the clocks?

Kelvin
August 30, 2022 2:54 am

Dear Lesly,

I am intrigued by your post, “Clocks Changing”, because it opens our eyes to see how much we are really wasting by changing the time for different seasons. We either go back an hour or forward an hour, but regardless we still miss out on an hour of our precious time and some of that time is spent adjusting to that time change. One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is, “I think that the clock shouldn’t be changed, like how it has always been. It would just throw some people off.” I think this is interesting because people do struggle adjusting their sleep schedule to match that of the time change. It does make you realize that you may be missing out an hour of sleep that you used to have, but no longer because of the time changing. Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the time change is something most people don’t talk about or see how it really affects people by the clocks changing when you least expect it. It’s something that most people look past, but little do they know it can be a major impact on people’s day to day lives.

1
0
()