To me it seems that the issue of climate change in the political sphere is misunderstood. I was under the impression that conservatives, notably Donald Trump, just outright denied the existence of climate change and went against all scientific evidence on the matter. However, upon further study of the topic, I have found that this is not the case at all. As far as I can tell, Trump believes that climate change is a reality of our world, however he does not think it is as serious of an issue as some others and he does not think it is a result of man’s activities. On the other hand, Clinton takes the more popular opinion that climate change is a man made catastrophe, and steps must be taken immediately to slow its effects. Without having studied the science behind climate change, I believe that giving my opinion would be improper, so I choose to stay undecided in this matter.

Sources:

http://2016election.procon.org/view.answers.election.php?questionID=002019

http://www.ontheissues.org/Environment.htm

Danny

Hi Matthew,
I found your post very interesting mainly because I was in the same boat as you. I also thought that Mr. Trump denied the existence of global warming. It’s reassuring that he at least aknowledges it. However, I prefer Hilary’s standpoint and also think something needs to be done soon. Overall, this was a very interesting post.

1
0
()