In the article, “Fake Snow at the Winter Olympics’ ‘ (BTW) I learned that during this year’s winter Olympics, the usage of artificial snow ramped up due to climate change. It was used in prior years, but over the years, climate change has worsened. Artificial snow is not natural & it should not be used, but since we care so little about our environment we must go to these extents although in this case, it is not necessary since it is only a sporting event; we can live without a sporting event. Artificial snow affects climate change even more through its use of fossil fuels and its possible effects on the water table & natural water cycle in an area. 

I think that we must treat our environment better because it is getting to a point where we will suffer the consequences sooner or later. We understand climate change is an issue and we often underestimate it. Mother nature is a powerful force that is unforgiving. It is at a point where it is too late. If we make no change in our lifestyles to where we do not affect our environment we will suffer. 

What are you doing to save our environment, ultimately limiting climate change?

February 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Dear Christopher,

I am informed by your post “Climate Change” because it really shows the worsening state of the climate. It’s gotten so bad to the point where we have to use fake snow just for an event.

One sentence you wrote that really stood out to me was “Artificial snow is not natural & it should not be used, but since we care so little about our environment we must go to these extents although in this case, it is not necessary since it is only a sporting event; we can live without a sporting event.” I think this is extremely true because we absolutely can live without a sporting event. Our environment should take priority over sports since sporting events come and go.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because this is an issue that grows worse and worse by the day. It’s always good to see someone trying to raise awareness for the environment.

Adalberto Vega

1
0
()