The article “Children Hospitals in Crisis” ( Mcgraw hill) I learned that children hospitals are asking President Biden for more funding to help them keep running. More than 220 children hospitals have sent a letter to the Biden Administration seeking support due to the covid 19 pandemic. Many children hospitals are running out of space for beds to place patients. It is sad to say that nearly 94,000 children were diagnosed with COVID and as more children are being infected and hospitalized they fall in danger since children under the age of 12 still cannot get vaccinated. This horrible situation has been caused by the fact that many business were closed down at the start of the pandemic in March 2019 so many hospitals lost money. During the pandemic many patients families suffered economically because of the shutdown. They were not able to pay their medical bills, and this has hurt hospitals finances as well. The hospitals hope that financial help from the White House can improve the hospital’s budget problems and allow them to treat the patients with better care.

What are your thoughts on this?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I find it really heartbreaking that children hospitals are financially struggling to treat patients who desperately need treatment. It’s hard to imagine what families are going through , I hope that children hospitals begin to receive the help that they need. Kids who have life threatening illnesses need help so please support children’s hospitals.

Dear Sayra,

I am impressed by your post, “Children Hospitals Need Help!”, because you chose to focus on how hospitals have been affected economically. People usually tend to focus on COVID and how it has been affecting everyone’s health but this is an important issue as well.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is: “More than 220 children hospitals have sent a letter to the Biden Administration seeking support due to the covid 19 pandemic”. I think that this is important because this is an alarming amount of hospitals for children that are in need of assistance from the government.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what your write next, because it gives me insight on some important issues that are under the radar. I would like you to continue bringing light to this issue.

Joseph

September 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Dear Sarya,

This is such a horrible issue in today’s society, and it scares me how much death and disease is going on in children’s hospitals today. I have a few questions for you. How are medical bills affecting current bed rates in the hospitals, and who gets them? How are hospitals managing the overcrowding and hardships? Can universal healthcare positively affect this current situation? Thanks so much for bringing such a scary topic to light.

-Sammy

September 24, 2021 5:31 pm

I enjoyed the summary from your article, I think you summarized it very well and included many different perspectives. I liked how you included your ideas and thoughts at the end of the paper as well. I think this topic is very eye-opening and I don’t think many people realize what is happening and realize this topic especially with the crisis financially with the children’s hospitals and not just hospitals in general. I find it interesting that hospitals are financially struggling but paying now more than before for nurses and nurse assistants than before. I think that is an interesting piece and that they are struggling to staff all around but that children’s hospitals are struggling more now that the infection rates of children are rising and there’s not much they can do since the vaccination isn’t available.

September 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Many people are now not wanting to work in hospitals because the jobs are very difficult physically and emotionally. I find it interesting that not only are they understaffed in ICUs and ERs but also in children’s hospitals. I think that hospitals need more funding to get enough resources they need for sick children. I work in a hospital and I see that without donations we wouldn’t be able to get some of the resources we need. I like how you wrote about this issue, something that needs to be talked about more.

5
0
()