How I believe my comment goes over racial cultural theory is due to the fact that the essay has multiple examples of segregation throughout the text, some examples of this being “While Interstates were regularly used to destroy black neighbor-hoods, they were also used to keep black and white neighborhoods apart.I perceive that my commentary aligns with the principles of racial cultural theory by highlighting and contextualizing the pervasive theme of segregation within the essay. The text elucidates numerous instances of segregation, as evidenced by statements such as ‘While Interstates were regularly used to destroy black neighborhoods, they were also used to keep black and white neighborhoods apart.

This observation emphasizes the interconnectedness of racial and cultural factors, as the essay underscores how infrastructure, such as highways, was not only employed to dismantle black communities but also served as a mechanism to uphold spatial divisions between black and white neighborhoods. The recurrent presence of segregation throughout the text illuminates the systemic and intentional nature of such practices, contributing to a deeper understanding of the racial dynamics embedded within the cultural fabric of society.

In conclusion, my interpretation delves into the broader implications of the examples provided, illustrating how they serve as microcosms reflecting the overarching racial cultural theory. By acknowledging the multifaceted role of segregation within the narrative, we gain insights into the intricate web of social constructs that perpetuate racial disparities, offering a comprehensive perspective on the complex interplay between race, culture, and systemic inequalities.

Qaydu
April 5, 2024 8:56 pm

I clicked on the post because of the picture. Although it’s confusing on how it relates to the topic. That being said this essay is very well written.

Leah
April 5, 2024 9:06 am

Hi Cashmir! Good essay! You used very good vocabulary to convey your thinking. When thinking about the discriminatory infrastructure, do you think that the economy pushes this narrative?

Devon
April 5, 2024 4:09 am

I think that you have a really strong and unique start to your piece and the way you describe the detail of different neighborhoods being separated purposely. If you could rewrite all of this would you change your opinion and if so why?

Jaylen
April 5, 2024 2:33 am

I commend you on how not only did you note that the segregated roads was not only used to keep african Americans in their place, but it was also used to keep African americans and Whites away from each other. I really admire your image that you created. It’s unique in like a futuristic way.

4
0
()