In the article, “YOU DECIDE: Cars That Stop Drunk Driving?” I learned that President Biden’s infrastructure package included a demand for U.S. automakers. He wants them to make the cars to be able to stop drunk people from driving cars. For them to be able to do this they will have to install developing monitoring systems in cars. This could be done by the year of 2026. This is a good idea because it can help save many peoples lives. Your car would disable if your blood alcohol level is too high.

I think that this is a good idea. Many people’s lives are lost due to drunk drivers. Either because they’re drunk or because the are hit by a drunk driver. With the cars having this ability it would reduce roadway deaths by about 9,400 people per year. Even though these cars would help reduce deaths it would also help protect first responders, reduce traffic delays, and help with insurance costs.

Do you think these cars would be helpful?

January 27, 2022 10:05 pm

Dear Lesly:
This is a very cool idea. I was wondering how long you think it would take to make these cars into everyone’s daily lives and how to get people to use them regularly. I totally agree with you that they stop people from driving drunk. This car will be useful to the planet.

Cameron
January 21, 2022 9:22 pm

I would love more if you explained more about how the monitoring systems would stop drunk drivers. Is the picture included some of the cars you talked about?

January 21, 2022 9:09 pm

Lesly, I think your interpretation of this article, is so interesting. I would love to hear more about the information in the article. Drunk driving is a big issue in our country, it’s important we continue to have the conversation about putting an end to it!

January 19, 2022 1:41 am

Dear Lesly, this is very insightful and such a cool idea. I was wondering how long you think it would take to incorporate these cars into everyone’s daily lives and how to get people to use them regularly. I totally agree with you that they stop people from driving drunk. This car will be a helpful resource to the planet.

January 11, 2022 4:50 pm

Dear Lesly,

Thank you for sharing how these cars can change in impact for everyone. I think this would be a good investment for the world. especially when many people are losing their lives due to drunk drivers or drink driving. This would in fact be helpful to the world because it would help reduce accidents due to alcohol. If you can answer the questions Brianna has asked cause as I am very curious about it. This was a very interesting topic and curious how it would be introduced to our cummunate.

meaghan
December 16, 2021 5:35 am

This is a super cool topic!! I had never heard about this until now but this could help a lot with the amount of deaths that have been caused due to drunk driving. Although, an obvious alternative to this could be transportation through something like a taxi, uber, lyft, etc. Yet I can see how some people may not have complete trust in others when they are under the influence. I would be interested to come back and read more once this starts to come out!

December 14, 2021 3:41 am

Lesly, this is a very interesting article. I agree that this would be a good idea, since so many deaths are caused by drunk drivers. One question I have is how will the US implement this system when people have specific taste in cars and may not want to purchase these models? And what happens people do not want/need to buy new cars?

December 13, 2021 7:44 pm

This is very insightful and such a cool idea. I was wondering how long you think it would take to incorporate these cars into everyone’s daily lives and how to get people to use them regularly.

December 12, 2021 9:59 pm

This is super interesting- I guess I have more questions about how this plan will work. For example, will the car completely shut off if it spots any alcohol? What about if the passenger is sober and they are driving drunk people- will the car still shut off since it detects alcohol? Or will it only detect in the passenger seat? Super interesting though.

9
0
()