Many people including Biden have demanded a way to stop drunk drivers to get behind a wheel. So it is up to automakers to find a way to put this problem to an end. As a result, automakers have come up with a monitoring system to put in cars. They have not been specific on what changes will be made but they are working to fix this solution by 2026. Automobiles like GM, BMWś, and Nissan are already installing devices. With cameras, if you show risky behavior such as swerving or drowsiness the car will slow down and pull to the side of the road slowly.

A pro to this solution is that the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the widespread use of this technology could reduce roadway deaths by about 9,400 people per year.A con to this is that these devices are impractical. For example, requiring a driver to blow into a breathalyzer tube every time they get into their car would be inconvenient and unpopular.

0
()