The article “Cars That Stop Drunk Driving?” by Admin, talks about Biden releasing a statement for automakers to release a vehicle that can prevent drunk people from driving. With this in mind, Biden had funded them to help make fewer people D.U.I for everyone’s safety and to make everything generally better. Congress and Biden have pitched ideas for how it would detect people that were under the influence but they had stated to do as they please as long as the car gets the information it needs to let the person drive or not. They used breathalizers as an example of how the cars may check if the driver is under the influence of anything. They also talk about how certain car companies will install infrared cameras to detect your movement and how you are all together.

My reaction to what Biden is funding is phenomenal. I believe this is something we should concentrate on a little more because of how severe D.U.I’s are. Drunk drivers are one of the top three reasons why car accidents occur. With car companies focusing on a way to prevent this it will lower the percentage of drunk drivers by a lot. I also believe it should be available to the public with no extra cost but be funded by the government so they may take care of their citizens.

How expensive will it be to afford such a car with technology to test your alcohol intake level? How will it determine if you may drive or not? Is there a certain amount you can intake before driving? Does that change for each state or is there a base level for the amount of alcohol consumed? If it is changed how will it change automatically going across state lines with different alcohol consumption laws?

0
()