In today’s world of varying shades of gray we often have trouble clearly defining anything, let alone a classic, whimsical, Latin phrase full of meaning and/or memories to many. The definition of seizing the day changes from person to person because we all have different definitions of the words success, happiness, even days themselves. My own personal definition of Carpe Diem is doing something that makes you happy and benefits you. For others the definition may be successfully completing all their tasks and for another it may be just getting out of bed that morning. Our society is extremely complicated and filled with different definitions of every word. Being able to see past the assigned meaning and to apply your own message to yourself is what makes our society united in individuality and beauty.

Holden
May 5, 2017 4:03 pm

As someone who took latin, I really like how you make this phrase even more beautiful than it already is

1
0
()