In the article, “Canelo Alvarez explodes against Lionel Messi and sends a real threat to the Argentinian” (elfutbolero, Hector Garcia, 2022) I learned that a famous soccer player for Argentina has sparked anger throughout the Mexican communities. A video was released of Lionel Messi wiping a Mexican jersey on the floor after winning against Mexico’s national soccer team in the World Cup. This action was taken as a lack of respect from the player. On social media, Canelo Alvarez, a famous Mexican boxer, exploded at Lionel Messi for disrespecting the flag and the Mexican national team. He sends a threatening comment to Lionel Messi, a warning to him if he ever sees him in person.

Do you think what Lionel Messi did was reasonable or is Canelo Alvarez overreacting?
0
Please leave a feedback on thisx

I believe that Lionel Messi shouldn’t have disrespected the country of Mexico by wiping the jersey on the floor. But I do understand his reasoning for doing this action. During the Mexico vs Argentina game, Mexico’s soccer players were playing dirty and aggressively against Argentina. Most of the aggression did not lead to penalties. So I do understand Lionel’s frustration and motivation in disrespecting the Mexican jersey. However, there should be no reason to be doing these kinds of disrespectful actions, not on the world stage where it could place a negative reputation on the country they are representing.

December 7, 2022 9:08 pm

Dear Emmanuel,

I am intrigued by your post, Canelo Explodes at Lionel Messi After Mexico vs. Argentina Game” because the world cup is a serious event that also leads to people killing each other for a game. Even though it was done unintentionally or intentionally the video shows otherwise and that is a huge disrespect, so I could see why Canelo said what he said. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “However, there should be no reason to be doing these kinds of disrespectful actions” I think this reasoning is right because we should all respect one another and especially if we hold a high standard. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because it’s actually interesting and eye-catching

Oscar Gutierrez

December 1, 2022 1:15 am

Dear Emmanuel,

I am interested by your post “Canelo Explodes at Lionel Messi After Mexico vs. Argentina Game” because it all started with a simple misunderstanding of a Mexican jersey being on the floor after their conqueror against Mexico. Clearly if you haven’t seen the video and only the pictures it proves he was taking off his shoes and not doing the most like wiping the floor as Mexican Fans out anger.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Do you think what Lionel Messi did was reasonable or is Canelo Alvarez overreacting?” I think this is over portrayed because Canelo went off on Messi as from what the picture made it seem as. That clearly haven’t seen the video Messi is seen not bothered by it or even smothered it on the floor if you would have seen the video it was clear just their near him were he was taking off his cleats.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because as one of these topics becomes viral overnight they spiral around the internet but I’m Impressed you caught this article. I like topics that go viral on the internet you should keep it up.

Dalia

2
0
()