Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins is a fun book to read. The author of this book has also written two other books called Lola and the Boy Next Door and Isla and the Happily Ever After. This book was written because people wanted to read more books about Paris. This book is a series of the other two books, which I have not read yet, but I want to read them.

This book is about a girl named Anna. She lives in Atlanta, but her father tells her that he has enrolled her in a boarding school, where she has to spend her senior year. Her father says that it would be a good experience for her. And she does not know any French. She was not happy at first, but she gets used to it eventually. 

When Anna has to spend her first night in the boarding school, she is not happy and starts to cry since she does not want to spend her senior year without her friends in Atlanta. She then meets a girl named Meredith who has arrived at the boarding school the day before Anna and they both begin to hang out with each other throughout the year that they are in the boarding school. 

My favorite part of the book was when she met a boy named Etienne St. Clair in the hallway of the boarding school. They both soon become friends and hang out with each other. This book was an entertaining book to read since the book is based in Paris.

In conclusion, this book is a fun one to read and it was also fun to read about Anna’s experience as she did her senior year in the boarding and what she thought of spending it there, and how she did not like it at first since she had to leave her friends in Atlanta, but she soon starts to make new friends at the boarding school. 

Ana
Ana
January 27, 2022 4:44 pm

Dear Caroline:
 I am amused by your post “Book Review of Anna and the French Kiss” because it is very entertaining to read about what the book is about in a nutshell. I think it’s a good book that students like us in high school can find entertaining.
One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: ” Her father says that it would be a good experience for her. And she does not know any French. She was not happy at first, but she gets used to it eventually”. I think this is relatable to me because I also had to move to a new school at some point in my life. I can’t imagine having to move now that I’m a senior.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you’re able to say so much about a book in just a few sentences. I would like to continue reading your book summaries.
Ana

1
0
()