There are many debates amongst women especially for their appearance. This can heavily affect young women, it has been engraved into today’s society that women have to look and act a certain way. Many of the standards today perceive women as “the more young you are/look the more desirable you are”. This creates the stigma that natural grown body hair on women is considered “disgusting” or “gross”. Not only will this allow men to prey on younger women but it would make older women try to reach these standards by shaving as routine or even getting surgery. There have been many companies that have created ways to have wax/shaved skin.

Ever since this disagreement with what women should do with their natural bodies they decided to grow hair as a movement to show people that it is something natural and everyone has hair. This had angered mostly men because the women who protested it didn’t meet the standard for women in America. The more these women fought back the more they were considered aggressive or to be more masculine and did not meet the form of femininity that they say women have to. This is a harmful stereotype because it could sometimes lead to transphobia or even lesphobic slurs. Women who have tried to fight for these things always got looked down on and I think this shouldn’t be a thing to bash women for this especially since these standards of beauty are engraved with pedophilia and its unfair how others think they should control what women look like to be considered beautiful.

What do you think about the movement in which women have to grow their natural bodies to show the world that they are still beautiful ?

April 7, 2022 4:51 am

Dear Emily :

I am intrigued with your post, “Body Hair on Women,” because you point out how women are forced by society to shave or wax the hair on their bodies to be considered normal. Now, these days society has to look at women a certain way and expected them to act a certain way. Women must shave their bodies to not be seen as masculine.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “This had angered mostly men because the women who protested it didn’t meet the standard for women in America.” I think this is wrong because why should women be seen a certain way. People shouldn’t be that concerned about what women do to their bodies. Everyone is beautiful the way they are and more men getting mad at women for protesting what they want to do with their bodies isn’t right.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you talked about an interesting topic and did an amazing job describing it.

Eliana

March 29, 2022 4:37 pm

Dear Emily: 

I am not necessarily shocked or surprised that women are forced by society to shave or wax the hair on their bodies as it has become normalized for people to think that women need to shave in order to be attractive or seem more feminine. It is unfortunate that people, especially men and a few women, have double standards as they think it is disgusting for a woman to have body hair but they think it’s fine on a man because they’re masculine. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “Women who have tried to fight for these things always got looked down on and I think this shouldn’t be a thing to bash women for this especially since these standards of beauty are engraved with pedophilia and it’s unfair how others think they should control what women look like to be considered beautiful.” I think it is disturbing how close you are to the fact that beauty is engraved with pedophilia as men usually look for women who have no body hair which typically means that they typically look younger. 

I appreciate your writing as I like how you are able to bring awareness to topics that one does not normally think about or realize has had much of an effect on society. I look forward to reading another of your posts! 

Linette Andrade

Last edited 8 months ago by Linette

2
0
()