My name is Kalina and I was 15 years old when I wrote this. I was born in New York City. I live with my mom, who immigrated here from Bulgaria, my dad, who was born in New York, and my older sister.

In terms of academics, I tend to do better in English and social studies rather than science and math. This is because I find it difficult to stay focused in classes and end up not learning too much. However, I think that writing and reading stories is fun, so it easier for me to pay attention to doing something that I enjoy. I also learned French for 10 years at my previous schools. Last year I went to an after school French class with my twin Rose. I call her my twin, even though we are not legally related because we are closer than best friends, and also annoy each other too much to be best friends, but we still always have fun together with our other friends, Chloe, Sasha, Madison, Emily, Nancy, Axel and more. We also used to wear the same clothes every single day, which I think makes us quite close. When she grows older, Rose wants to be a surgeon, and hopefully, she will help keep my future pets alive.  

I find myself to be pretty good at sports in general, but the thing I surpass most people in, the thing I’m unparalleled, unrivaled in even, is Hula hooping. So far my record is continuous hula hooping for 2 minutes and 50 seconds, and I wasn’t even trying. Apparently, according to the Guiness book of world records, I’ve been surpassed. Even so, I’m not giving up. 74 hours and 54 minutes is nothing! JK I can hula hoop for almost 5 mins nowww!

Amy Goldstein
Amy Goldstein
December 30, 2020 3:20 pm

Girls- keep trying to do things you enjoy. There is always a way to have it grow into a business so you can have a good future. Keep that in mind while enjoying yourselves. Fun-talent-happiness-then sell it…$$$ Think of all possibilities. Having all this free time can let your minds come up with new ideas. The future is yours! Hang in and plow on… rewards await you if you pursue and don’t give up.

Amra
November 4, 2020 1:00 am

I am experiencing this in today’s life because for me it’s been tough learning online and doing all the work and many people told me to not give up and keep pushing because we are all in this together with this Pandemic .

2
0
()