If you were born in the U.S. you are granted to be an American citizen in which it’s called birthright citizenship. For those who were not born in the U.S. and want to become an American citizen, they will have to work hard for it. The U.S. has a history of welcoming people from all around the world in which many of them become an American citizen. Last year, 2021, 855,000 people became naturalized U.S. citizens. In order to become a U.S. citizen, applicants must have immigrated legally, lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years, go through some security checks and know how to write and speak basic english.

I think that these are reasonable ways as to what people need to become a U.S. citizen. Although there are many people in which they come to the U.S. illegally. I feel like everyone who comes into the U.S. should be given the chance to also become a U.S. citizen because they can still be very successful.

What do you think about these requirements?

0
()