Dear Leaders of America,

I am Olga M. A guatemalan girl who lives now in the USA. I go to Fremont HIgh School and I love having an education where I have learn many things that I didn’t know.

Researching Charlottesville brings me back memories of protests that has happened in Oakland and how every people has a cause of doing that. The statue in Charlottesville doesn’t represent half of the people that lives there because they have a different memory at just seeing that statue. And it seems unfair for color people supporting this kind of things because they also have to be represented. And white nationalists don’t feel what others feel.

The issue that I want our Elected leaders to prioritize now is inequality between high and low income people. This issue should be their priority because in East Oakland many families have to pay high rent and while the rich people are not paying nothing making and inequality between people in Oakland.

Some solutions that I can offer is that people who has put high rent and also has raise more the prices of something they should lower it as it was before because not every worker is getting a good pay job.

In the future I would like America to be able to offer people more work chances for the people who needs it with good payment. And have at least 30% of low income people right now move up.

Olga Matias

Velvet
September 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Dear Olga,
I enjoyed reading your letter to the leaders of America because there are many issues going on right now and obviously high income money is a problem right now. One sentence that stands out for me is “The issue that I want our Elected leaders to prioritize now is inequality between high and low income people. This issue should be their priority because in East Oakland many families have to pay high rent and while the rich people are not paying nothing making and inequality between people in Oakland.” because I have heard many people that i know say that their families are paying more money at this point. Another sentence that impressed me was, “Some solutions that I can offer is that people who has put high rent and also has raise more the prices of something they should lower it as it was before because not every worker is getting a good pay job.” because you are thinking about how many people are struggling right now.thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next time because i agree on your statement and I like the way you think about others.

Jennifer
September 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Dear Olga,
I do agree with you on it’s unfair that low income people are not treated the same as high income people. One reason I say this is because it makes me sad when I see low income people struggle so much that they can’t even provide food on the table anymore. I also agree on you on people of color supporting instead of representing. I really like the picture you posted and your responses.

Xin
Xin
September 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Dear Olga
I am impressed by your post, I think this is a very cool it talks about you and the stant that is in the school. this line “I go to Fremont HIgh School and I love having an education where I have learn many things that I didn’t know.” i like this line a lot because it talks me what you like to do. At the same time I agree with is line because it sound cool. thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to know more about Fremont HIgh School.

Jesus
August 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Dear Olga :
I am happy with your letter, “Beautiful America,” because I agree with your issue that you want the leaders of America to prioritize on. I believe inequality is a big problem because it is very unfair to the people that have low income.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “And white nationalists don’t feel what others feel ” I find this confusing because I really don’t know what you mean by that.
Another sentence that I acknowledged was: “This issue should be their priority because in East Oakland many families have to pay high rent and while the rich people are not paying nothing making and inequality between people in Oakland.” This stood out for me because it is very true and so unfair.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because so far I agree with your issue that the leaders of America should prioritize on.

theeyazen aldahmi
August 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Dear Olga :
I am impressed by your post, “Beautiful America” because you used words that were very good. Those words were very wise.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Some solutions that I can offer is that people who has put high rent and also has raise more the prices of something they should lower it as it was before because not every worker is getting a good pay job” I think this is a good solution because you are thinking about other people and how their lives are.
Another sentence that I impressede me was: “In the future I would like America to be able to offer people more work.” This stood out for me because once again you are thinking about people and not being selfish
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your writing are very thoughtful.

Saoronn
August 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Dear Olga Matias,

I am furious by the way white nationalist don't feel the same like other races. I like your offer because most American are poor and that finding a job is hard. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me was that,''people who has put high rent and also has raise more the prices of something they should lower it as it was before''. This stood out to me because not that much people get paid to where they have food money, bill money and little bit of spending money. Thank for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like your solutions.

6
0
()