In the article, “10,000 Pieces of Plastic”(Upfront) I learned about the environmentalists in Indonesia in the town of Gresik who have gotten thousands of plastic pieces and made it into art. They did this to show the world the effects of plastic waste being polluted in our world. The pollution can have huge effects on marine life, killing them and harming their homes. Scientists have claimed there to be 8 million metric tons of plastic that go into our oceans every year. Making this piece was to hope to change people’s minds of their habits that come with dealing with plastic.

I think that this is a beautiful piece to show how bad pollution is for our seas. I hope people see how much this waste goes into the ocean and can try to change their habits to help our planet. It is crazy to see that 8 MILLION METRIC TONS of plastic go into our oceans every year its really bad. I think we should try to minimize our use of plastic in our daily lives and improve the way we treat our ocean. This art piece was to make people aware so lets become aware and start making a change.

What are some ways you can help stop the pollution in our waters or ways in your personal life that you can change to minimize the amount of plastic you use?

0
()