In Afghanistan, a country where war doesn’t stop in any time soon, children and teens find themselves escaping reality for hours at a time. Afghanistan, a country where it has been at war for more than 40 years, leave the thought that Young Afghans have no memory of peace due to all the violence occurring. According to the article, “War Games” , roughly about 150,000 Afghans and more than 40,000 civilians have died since 2001.

This is important to know due to the fact that despite there being war all around children and teens, they love playing violent video games. PUBG is a very popular game for them. Essentially it is a third person shooter game which promotes violence and distracts young people from not only their school work but also reality.

Do you think playing war games can distract you from the war happening around you?