people sitting on chair with brown wooden table

People who worked at either a desk job or non-desk job reported the same amount of happiness in their respective roles. 76% of the 2,000 people surveyed said they were happy doing their roles, but workers on desk jobs were more likely to complain about their work environment.

Desk jobs create an environment where people feel more connected to their company and peers that work with them, while non-desk jobs say that their job allows flexibility and variety. 

People who have desk jobs are reported to be more overweight. Can cause a sharp decrease in job satisfaction and overall happiness. In turn, desk jobs reported higher salaries and were more satisfied with their paychecks than the non-desk jobs. They also have access to a multitude of resources that could help with the task they are trying to complete.

Labor work allowed a more individualistic approach to their job. They are able to be more free, but are less satisfied with their pay. They also work long hours on their feet which keep them exhausted. The high physical demand and low pay also lead labor workers to believe that they aren’t recognized for their hard work.

Both types of jobs report equal high-level stress regarding work. Non-desk jobs have a higher tendency of burnout.

-Answer: pretty equal. People are more satisfied with desk jobs overall because of the access to resources, peers, pay and opportunity to move up in their company as it develops.

Yaslin
September 6, 2022 3:53 am

Dear Evan,
I am impressed by your post, “Are People Happier at a Desk Job or Labor Job?,” because you mention how they both have the same amount of happiness in their work, but desk job workers are more likely to complain. I think that because they are staying in one spot for their whole job they get tired of sitting there.  But because those who work outside get to see everything going on around them, then they are less likely to complain.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: 76% of the 2,000 people surveyed said they were happy doing their roles, but workers on desk jobs were more likely to complain about their work environment. I think this is a big factor because those with desk jobs are getting better pay than those that are working outside. But yet they still complain about their work environment, while those that work outside complain about their pay.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your topic was interesting as well as your choice of words
Yaslin

1
0
()