Good afternoon. My name is Angela, I am the lead-attorney of this case. I am from Harlem, NY. thank you for allowing me to address this commission on the topic of mass incarceration and police brutality.

I Iive in Harlem, NY. I’ve been in the legal industry for years standing by Malcolm X side. The legacy of Malcolm X and his work have inspired and informed many others in their fight for social justice and equality.

I am presenting this case to the civil rights commission to make the united nation aware of the problems. The Carter family is a prime example of these rights. they wanted justice. Khalil was a smart, funny, intelligent young man, but unfortunately he was shot and killed for pulling out a hair brush. he had many by his side and he didn’t deserve this. the Malcolm X effect is the answer, Malcolm x was one of the most significant figures within the American black movement, he participated in race pride, self – defense, and more.

I want the UN to support my resolution instead of criminalizing black and brown people, this case is a prime example of the UN not at its best. Also this has set laws in order to have equality, people should not be incarcerated just by there skin color. so I stand tall for the Carter family and the Malcolm X legacy for this case.

closing statement:

0
()