To the YV community, this is my response to the Warm-Up for English class today. We are studying Shakespeare’s Othello and exploring the theme of appearance versus reality.

***************************

Dear Beloved Friend,
I just found out you’ve been lying to those around you. Honestly, after the situation we just dealt with, do you really think it’s a good idea to be lying to me or her? When you keep quiet, no one knows what you need or what you’re going through. You may not like it that he doesn’t want to be around you as often as he does with her but you complain all the time about being alone and wanting to feel someone’s comfort but yet you aso complain about not wanting to open up because you’re scared. In case you haven’t noticed, that’s life, honey. The people who have been the most successful had to had taken some type of risk in order to get to where they are. They might have failed the first time but look where they’re at now. Look at me for example. I’ve taken so many risks and look where I am now. I’m advancing faster than ever. No one else is going to take the initiative for you. No one is going to beg you to do something that you have to do for yourself. You have to be the one who jumps whether you stand or fall. Deal with it. That’s life. Nothing is easy.

0
()