America’s biggest problem is gun control. It is stricter laws for dress code at my school then the laws for purchasing a “AR”. Main problem is; why is it even necessary for an American citizen to being able to own an assault rifle? Okay, yeah people need to be able to protect themselves in case their life might be put in danger out of nowhere. I get that, but is an assault rifle necessary to “protect” yourself? In my opinion, no it should only be used in the military. A pump action shotgun or a pistol is more than enough to scare a burglar out of your house or stop one from stealing your purse in a dark alley. If laws for guns become stricter that only shotguns and pistols can be purchased with tougher background checks with physiological evaluations, this can fix the gun control issue and lower the amount of school shootings that happens in the country.

nathanael
nathanael
April 29, 2021 7:08 pm

I think this is not tru because without guns we can be good but we could be attacked from a country and if a robber in inour homes what are we supposed to do give them a cup of tea no we need guns knives to protect

Jake

“Assault Rifle” is a made up term, that’s not what “AR” stands for. Taking away these guns will NOT solve the issue because, statistically speaking, people die from handguns and shotguns far more often than rifles. People are stabbed to death far more often than being killed with a rifle. This is from the FBI Crime database. You can’t dispute these numbers. So, your whole argument is completely backwards based on what you want to accomplish.

LaDaysha
March 23, 2018 3:17 pm

I completely agree with your argument and I feel like many of us as citizens should not own guns because just with owing a gun many are already in danger.

Nestor
March 20, 2018 5:12 pm

I agree with you because no one should be able to own a gun if they have some metal issue.

Tishia
March 19, 2018 8:42 pm

I totally agree with you on this.

Kaden
March 19, 2018 12:42 pm

I completely understand the point of view that this person is coming from and i agree also with that. My perspective on how to handle the safety situation is we need more security in schools and yes make it harder to obtain a assault rifle style weapon.

6
0
()