This article about Americans’ views on climate change has a lot of information from studies and surveys. From a Yale study, they concluded that there are “six americas”: the alarmed, the concerned, the cautious, the disengaged, the doubtful, and the dismissive. Half of these groups don’t necessarily believe in climate change and according to the study, most of the deniers are white and male and have the least amount of education. The article discussed that It’s interesting that eco-friendly behaviors are seen as feminine and that white people often care less about the environment because it is a privilege to not have to care about the climate.

https://www.theclimatechat.org/americans-on-climate-change

January 12, 2022 12:10 am

Dear Meredith,

I am impressed with your post, “Americans on Climate Change” because it is interesting how there is a lot going on in our climate and with all the negativity along with it. I personally think that our climate should be taken into serious consideration since it’s our climate and we should be concerned and alarmed about the change that can happen. 

One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me was, “The article discussed that It’s interesting that eco-friendly behaviors are seen as feminine and that white people often care less about the environment because it is a privilege to not have to care about the climate.” I believe that this is true because there are a lot of people who see eco-friendly things as feminine and are mostly all males who state it. 

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you state how Americans take in the non-belief that there is climate change. I would like you to continue telling me about your opinions on our climate change. 

Ruendi 

1
0
()