American patriotism is ebbing ahead of the Fourth of July, according to a Gallup poll that showed fewer than half of U.S. adults are “extremely” proud to be Americans.” American pride has been decreasing immensely over the years. In some cases it is due to the government and in others because of out laws. American pride is usually based on the scientific advancements in the United States, but there have not been any major real advancements for science in a really long time in our country. 

The same poll mentioned above also states that it is more “pronounced among Democrats, of whom only 32% feel extreme pride in being American.” This can be tied to the fact that the US is not always the most liberal country. There are moments in which some stance takes place and the country in general is not happy with it. Meanwhile, for Republicans it is extremely high, 74% claim to be proud of being an American. That is not bad, as long as the desire of improving the country is not clouded.

This is something that is pretty surprising, especially since it is at its all time lowest since 20 years ago. All that can be sort of followed with how we’ve been writing history over the years, be it in a good or a bad way. Everything is subjective, but some precautions must be taken.

0
()