white and blue abstract painting

my body, tormentor of my dreams
scars that decorate the outside
but formed from the misery on the inside
Am I Somebody?

living in an empty capsule
fighting for my inner peace
but my darkness loves the company
and my brighter side gives in
Am I Somebody?

a lost soul with built-up emotions
the physical thoughts brought such sorrow
its the final battle between light vs. dark
I’m fighting with myself
Am I Somebody?

toast to all the late night cries that helped me get by
cause now I’ve found the corpse trying to escape
to warn me about a new blossom
now I finally realize that
I AM SOMEBODY<3!!!

September 8, 2022 3:20 am

Dear Yniya,
I am impressed by your poem “Am I Somebody” because the title seems very out there you are talking about something that has a very powerful meaning to you. After reading your poem I see that it very touching and deep topic for you.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “living in an empty capsule
fighting for my inner peace.” I think this quote is relatable and deep because we tend to have so much thought on our bodies that take over us.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your poems seem to have a lot of meaning behind them and are very powerful. Also the tone you tend to show how you feeling and I really like that.
Evelin Rojas

March 13, 2022 4:25 am

Dear Yniya,
I am baffled by your post, “Am I somebody?” because this poem really is relatable to many people and it is nice to know you aren’t the only one going through this. Your poem shows how you can feel both darkness and light, wanting to be alone but not lonely at the same time.
What really stood out to me was, “But my darkness loves the company and my brighter side gives in”. Sometimes we end up giving in instead of to keep pushing and that’s understandable. I’m glad you found out more about yourself and have fully blossomed into your own person. It’s a challenge to learn about yourself and your own identity. Thank you for your writing, it’s great to inspire others that there is a brighter side.

February 10, 2022 8:37 pm

Dear Yniya,
I am very impressed by your post, ” Am I somebody,” because is a poem that touches your heart. A poem that talks about how you feel inside, and the scars you have outside.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: ” living in an empty capsule
fighting for my inner peace but my darkness loves the company and my brighter side gives in Am I Somebody? I think this is a very touchline because explains the dark love that you have inside but at the same time the brighter side that gives you the energy to keep going. The way that they describe an empty capsule inside you, that makes you keep going.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you describe a way of saying “Am I somebody.” I would like you to keep writing about poems.
-Monica

December 11, 2021 2:19 am

Dear Yniya,

I love how I connected with your post on , ¨Am I somebody¨, it is just a touching poem.

One sentence that stood out to me was, ¨I’m fighting with myself
Am I Somebody?¨ because it shows that there are so many people still trying to figure out what is their purpose in life is and how they view their self-image.

Thank you for writing I would love to see more poems from you.

December 6, 2021 5:39 pm

Dear Yniya,
I am deeply touched by your post, “Am I Somebody” your poem was very touching, and very deep.
one sentence that stood out to me was when you said, “I’ve found the corpse trying to escape to warn me about a new blossom now I finally realize that I AM SOMEBODY<3!!!” I like this because after all the heart ache of trying to figure out who you are and what your role in life is, it is very touching to figure out who you are. I think that this is a good way of explaining what people go through and I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Thank you for writing this, i look foward to seeing what you write next because I enjoy reading all of these deep thoughts and emotions.
-Nichole

December 3, 2021 10:13 pm

Dear, Yniyah
I am impressed by your post, “Am I, Somebody?” because your poem was greatly outstanding. It is a beautiful piece and it is also deep. You speak about interesting, relatable, and personal things.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “toast to all the late-night cries that helped me get by.”I think this is such a powerful line because sometimes we just need to cry out to feel better. Or sometimes we just can’t let others see us cry so we cry at night. We can cry to help us keep going on the next day because we all matter and all have a purpose it can get hard sometimes but we must keep striving for better.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you expressed your feeling. Your poem was amazing!!

Fatima

Last edited 9 months ago by Fatima

8
0
()