white and blue abstract painting

my body, tormentor of my dreams
scars that decorate the outside
but formed from the misery on the inside
Am I Somebody?

living in an empty capsule
fighting for my inner peace
but my darkness loves the company
and my brighter side gives in
Am I Somebody?

a lost soul with built-up emotions
the physical thoughts brought such sorrow
its the final battle between light vs. dark
I’m fighting with myself
Am I Somebody?

toast to all the late night cries that helped me get by
cause now I’ve found the corpse trying to escape
to warn me about a new blossom
now I finally realize that
I AM SOMEBODY<3!!!

Perla Hernandez(@perlaochs)
December 11, 2021 2:19 am

Dear Yniya,

I love how I connected with your post on , ¨Am I somebody¨, it is just a touching poem.

One sentence that stood out to me was, ¨I’m fighting with myself
Am I Somebody?¨ because it shows that there are so many people still trying to figure out what is their purpose in life is and how they view their self-image.

Thank you for writing I would love to see more poems from you.

Nichole(@nicholeochs)
December 6, 2021 5:39 pm

Dear Yniya,
I am deeply touched by your post, “Am I Somebody” your poem was very touching, and very deep.
one sentence that stood out to me was when you said, “I’ve found the corpse trying to escape to warn me about a new blossom now I finally realize that I AM SOMEBODY<3!!!” I like this because after all the heart ache of trying to figure out who you are and what your role in life is, it is very touching to figure out who you are. I think that this is a good way of explaining what people go through and I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Thank you for writing this, i look foward to seeing what you write next because I enjoy reading all of these deep thoughts and emotions.
-Nichole

Fatima(@fatimaochs)
December 3, 2021 10:13 pm

Dear, Yniyah
I am impressed by your post, “Am I, Somebody?” because your poem was greatly outstanding. It is a beautiful piece and it is also deep. You speak about interesting, relatable, and personal things.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “toast to all the late-night cries that helped me get by.”I think this is such a powerful line because sometimes we just need to cry out to feel better. Or sometimes we just can’t let others see us cry so we cry at night. We can cry to help us keep going on the next day because we all matter and all have a purpose it can get hard sometimes but we must keep striving for better.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you expressed your feeling. Your poem was amazing!!

Fatima

Last edited 1 month ago by Fatima

5
0
()