Follow this link to see this comment in the original context.

Algorithms can be described as daily activities in our everyday life. For example, every morning I have to calculate my time wisely in order to be able to make it to work on time. I set my alarm at 6:30 and have 45 minutes to get ready because the bus usually arrives at the nearest bus stop around 7:15. Once in the bus I stop by a diner to buy some coffee and walk to work. A way we use algorithms when we teach is through daily routines. In order for daily routines to run smoothly in a classroom, everything is scheduled at a certain time throughout the day. This way students are not lost , are well prepared, and know what to expect in the classroom.

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth Voices. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Help on Youth Voices