In the article, “Airbnb Provides Housing for Afghan Refugees” I learned that the Airbnb business is providing shelter for the people fleeing from Afghanistan. Tens of thousands of refugees are fleeing Afghanistan for other countries, including the United States.  Airbnb is an American rental company, which is helping address this emergency by providing free housing for 20,000 refugees. The refugees are being housed temporarily in the same properties you would find if you were to search up Airbnb on the websites for a place to stay. The service is also available to people escaping wildfires, hurricanes, and other crises. The service also aids essential workers who are away from home to provide emergency services in the wake of these disasters. 

I think this is an amazing thing that these small businesses are doing. It must feel horrible having to leave your home and coming to a new place. It must feel better knowing that someone is offering their homes to help these people through these troublesome times. 

Would you be willing to let needy people stay at your home? 

0
()